Enable the Alexa Intercome Feature—Drop In
- In your Alexa app, tap Devices and select Echo & Alexa.
- Tap the name of the Echo Dot (or other Echo device) you want to use for Drop In.
- Tap the Settings icon (it looks like a gear).
- Scroll down and select Communications.
- Tap Drop In.
How do I use my Alexa as an intercom?
Quote from video: These are handy if you don't need conversation just say alexa make an announcement. You can record the announcement. And review it before sending it to every echo device in the house.
Can you use an Alexa as a two-way intercom?
Voice and video calling allow you to easily stay in touch with those who matter most. You can also use Alexa as an intercom to drop in and let everyone know dinner is ready, or make an Announcement to remind the kids that it’s bedtime.
Can you talk to each other through Alexa?
Quote from video: We're going to show you how Alexa can intercom echo devices in your home for one-way and two-way communications. Using this feature allows you to send quick announcements or have two-way conversations
Does Alexa have walkie talkie mode?
Echo Geek: Using Alexa as an Intercom
How do you make a walkie talkie with another Alexa?
Setting Up the Amazon Echo Intercom
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and select Settings.
- On your list of devices, select the name of the first Echo you want to use as an intercom.
- After General select Drop in.
- Select Household only.
- Repeat the steps above for your other Amazon Echo devices.
How can I use two phones as intercom?
Quote from video: The modulate audio onto the line. So you could get a little electrical in box. And put this into an enclosure and seal it up and then plug in your two telephones and lift up the receivers.
How do I use Bluetooth as an intercom?
Quote from video: Phone open up your phone's Bluetooth settings. And search for your device to look for a device by the name of T. Come. This will be your unit.
Can I use intercom for free?
All Intercom products are built on the free Intercom Platform, which lets you see who your users and visitors are, and what they do in your app and on your site. And you can start having conversations with people.