What is the sound source of a synthesizer?
Voltage Controlled Oscillator
VCOs and Waveshapes. The Voltage Controlled Oscillator acts as the sound source in synthesizers. If you’re using an analog synth, the VCO converts the DC signal from the power supply into an AC signal.
How do you make a unique synth sound?
10 tips to make extreme synth sounds
- Get to know one sonic weapon.
- Don’t be scared to (ab)use presets.
- Know where you want to go – but…
- Employ some oscillator action.
- Use motion and automation.
- Frequency-modulation fun.
- You’ve got them, use them!
- Make the table.