Multiple voices (divisi) in one part
How do I get rid of voice 2 flat?
Using voices on Flat
To add a second voice in your measure, click on the Voice button on the left the toolbars, then choose “Voice 2”. Use the same button to toggle between voices and remove one voice. If you use keyboard shortcuts, you can also press v to toggle your voices.
How do you split voices in Musescore?
Voices are sometimes called “layers” in other notation software.
To swap the notes between any two voices:
- Select one or more continuous measures (or a range of notes);
- From the Menu bar, select Tools → Voices ;
- Select the option for the two voices you want to exchange.
How do you add two voices in Finale?
To enter a secondary voice
- Select Layer 2 from the lower left corner of your Finale window.
- In measures 1 and 2, enter the sustained notes in layer 2 (the dotted half notes shown below).
- After entering into measure 2, press RIGHT ARROW twice so a quarter rest appears on beat 4.