What is there to do in Joshua Tree in the summer?
Summer Activities in Joshua Tree
- Stargazing at Skull Rock (and just about anywhere)
- Exploring Cottonwood Springs Oasis (sunsets here can be spectacular)
- Spotting Bighorn Sheep at Barker Dam (in the morning)
- Driving Geology Tour Road (think air-conditioned car)
What is there to do in Joshua Tree on a hot day?
During the summer we recommend finding a pool and some shade to stay cool at. There are many hotels with natural spring pools you can experience in the towns of Desert Hot Springs or Palm Springs. Find your favorite spots to camp or hang out and enjoy the Joshua Tree’s summer weather in August.
Is it OK to visit Joshua Tree National Park in July?
Joshua Tree In July is hot. It doesn’t get any hotter than Joshua Tree in July. Get our early and plan the ultimate sunset adventure to avoid the hot weather. During the summer we recommend finding a pool and some shade to stay cool at.
What should you not miss Joshua Tree?
27 Best Things to Do in Joshua Tree (in 2022)
- Town of Joshua Tree.
- Barker Dam Nature Trail.
- Jumbo Rocks.
- Rock Climbing.
- Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail.
- Arch Rock.
- Joshua Tree Music Festival.
What is there to do in Joshua Tree Besides the park?
Best Things to do in Joshua Tree Besides Hike
- Take in the Panoramic Scenery from Keys View.
- Go on a Tour of Keys Ranch.
- Camp Overnight and Stargaze.
- Check out the Cool Rock Formations.
- Go on a Rock Climbing Tour.
- Explore the Cholla Cactus Garden.
- Photograph the Alien-Like Landscape.
- Grab a Coffee from Joshua Tree Coffee Co.
Is Joshua Tree worth visiting in the summer?
Despite that, summer can be a fun time to visit Joshua Tree if you’re prepared with hot days and warm nights. Stargazing during this time is especially glorious as the milky way is very easily visible on moonless nights roaring overhead.
Do people visit Joshua Tree in the summer?
Summer is the least popular season in Joshua Tree due to the scorching hot daytime temperatures. This is the desert, after all, and daytime temps in June, July and August often top 100˚F (38˚C). This makes outdoor activities like hiking and rock climbing uncomfortable and potentially dangerous.
What is the best month to go to Joshua Tree?
The best and most popular months to visit Joshua Tree National Park are March-May and October/November. This is because the park can get hot (and I mean hot). In the summer months, temperatures can reach over 100° F with an extremely dry, desert heat and very little shade to escape to.
How many days do you need in Joshua Tree?
How much time do you need in Joshua Tree? To see the highlights of Joshua Tree National Park, you only need one day. If you want to explore the park’s backcountry or off-road drives, plan to spend at least 2 to 3 days in Joshua Tree.
Is it too hot to go to Joshua Tree in June?
Joshua Tree In June is hot. If you need to feel the heat, head to Joshua Tree in June. Plan on getting a super early start or sunset adventure to avoid the hot weather. During the summer we recommend finding a pool and some shade to stay cool at.
What do you do on extreme hot days?
Take cool showers or baths.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Use your oven less to help reduce the temperature in your home.
- If you’re outside, find shade.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
- Avoid high-energy activities or work outdoors, during midday heat, if possible.
What is the hottest month in Joshua Tree?
The hot season lasts for 3.4 months, from June 5 to September 18, with an average daily high temperature above 91°F. The hottest month of the year in Joshua Tree is July, with an average high of 99°F and low of 73°F.
What should I bring to Joshua Tree in July?
Joshua Tree Packing Checklist
- Water—at least one gallon per person per day.
- Food—more than you think you’ll need.
- Ice and ice chest.
- Sun hat and sunscreen.
- Sturdy footwear.
- First aid kit.